Black Mold Prevention
Black mold is a problem found in many homes. It has many bad effects on humans and precautions should be taken to help reduce the risk of coming into contact with it. To prevent black Mold add the following to your routine home checks:
- Check under sinks and around garbage disposals and dishwashers.
- Check visible water pipes throughout your home, for leakage and sweating.
- In the basement, check the faucets and fixtures of the washing machine and furnace
- Check the attic on regular intervals, especially during months that are humid or damp.
- Don’t forget the crawl space whether you have interior or exterior access. These are dark spaces where mold thrives.
- Simple solar powered attic fans can be installed to help air exchange and eliminate moist conditions.
- For around $30, A simple instrument can be purchased at home centers to check humidity levels in moisture laden rooms, such as the basement, bathroom, and kitchen.